Saturday 11 May 2013

Silence of the Lambs Review

Silence of the Lambs
 
Rank 24 as of 1/1/13)
Age Rating 18
Year 1991
 
 
Well, I don't quite know what to say about this movie. I'm slightly shell-shocked over the whole ordeal of watching it. It is the most scary psychological movie I have ever seen ever. Oh my god.
 
It was so scary, partially because of the really disturbing storyline. Psychopathic murderers and a trainee FBI woman. The FBI Student (Jodie Foster) Clarice Starling tries to find the kidnapper and murder named 'Buffalo Bill', by confiding in another, crazy, cannibal, mass murderer, (Anthony Hopkins) Dr. Hannibal Lecter. Sounds pleasant.
 
So, I started to watch this movie with absolute no idea to what is was about. I really didn't have a clue! I didn't even read the IMDb page for it! (Unusual for me!). But when the movie started rolling, and the sinster music came on, along with a woman running, I knew that this was gunna be one bloody scary movie. I was convinced that this running women was gunna be shot.
 
What made it further scarier was how well everybody played their parts. You could see fear Clarice's eyes even though she tried her best to be brave. Something so unbelievably realistic.
 Anthony Hopkins; Well. He played the role as a mass murderer so bloody well, I cant even. He made me shake and cry with fear. (no lie!). He's not on screen that much but when he is my god, it feels like he's on there forever. So so so so so so so so scary. Oh my.
 
A genius film maybe, but not one I will watch again. Well not for a very long while. Too scary. So too scary! But it's a classic none the less. It totally deserves the 24 rank. It was to be scary, and my god its scary. (have I mentioned that before?)
 
A movie not for the faint hearted.
Ha ha!
 
Georgina Parker,
11/05/13 
 
 
Sorry for repetition of the word SCARY. But I cant even explain to you what I was like, well maybe I could but I'd have to use the S word again and again and again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment