Wednesday 8 May 2013

The Wizard of Oz Review

The Wizard of Oz
 
Rank 149 as of 1/1/13)
Age Rating U
Year 1939                                             
 A classic obviously, revolutionary as well, the first movie with colour I believe? (correct me if I'm wrong!).

Musicals aren't really my thing, but I suppose this is such a big change for the world of film, you just have to kinda like it for the massive change it brought about in film.

I never knew this before but, The Wizard of Oz is actually a book, but apart of a series of books, I think it's the second one or something. Recently a film was made about the first book in the Oz series, Oz the Great and Powerful directed by Sam Raimi. It's about, I quote "A small-time magician is swept away to an enchanted land and is forced into a power struggle between three witches." - IMDb. The Wizard is a little strange but still, just go with the flow!

However, one thing I do hate about this is the fact that it is a dream! Why did they have to do that?! It would have been still so magical if she'd hadn't been hit over the head and it had actually happened! Like in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang where it's actually a story! WHY DO THEY DO THIS?!

So I don't know what to say?! Well done for being revolutionary, and giving poor school kids something to do a school play on. 

Georgina Parker,
8/05/13

Another day, another crap review. I apologise.



No comments:

Post a Comment