Saturday 1 June 2013

Inglorious Basterds Review

Inglorious Basterds
 
Rank 113 as of January 1st 2013)
Age Rating 18
Year 2009
 
 
Another unconventional movie on the IMDb Top 250 list from Mr Tarantino. Obviously, its marvellous. It's such a 'me' film. It's political and slightly controversial like all of Quentin's movies, but I like politics and controversy. So it screams greatness. It's also fairly random, like all his movies. But wow. So fantastic.

I love movies with subtitles, which this movie has a fair amount of. I don't know why, maybe I'm strange. But I think they add a depth to it. Oh I don't know! (I like trying to translate the French, I'm doing it as a GCSE.)

Perfecto casting, everyone was totally great. Especially you, Mr Pitt! You were exceptionally aberrant. And Christoph Waltz. Man, you were outstandingly eccentric. Both of you were phenomenal.

But why Quentin Tarantino do you have to make your movies so bloody gory?! The scalping. Oh sweet Jesus. And the 'branding'. Bloody hell. I never knew whether to laugh, cry, turn away or feel incredibly tense and sick. Ah.

I'm so glad I liked this movie because I didn't particularly like Reservoir Dogs, though I really do want to! ha ha! So, thank god I like this. Quentin, your back in my ranks of being great.

Georgina,
1/06/2013

June. Bloody hell. It's my birthday in 22 days. Woop.




No comments:

Post a Comment