Saturday 15 June 2013

Donnie Darko Review

Donnie Darko
 
 
Rank 176 as of January 1st 2013)
Age Rating 15
Year 2001
 
Oh lordy, this was great. My mind is once again blown. Superb, may I say!
 
Following the story of a messed up teenager, hating the boredom school, not really liking many people, including his family, Donnie Darko meets frank a 7ft tall, metal faced rabbit, who helps him escape from a freak accident.
 
Amazingly, acted. Although, I was disappointed to not see this movie winning any Oscars, or BAFTAs, it deserved it so much! Everyone acted their role perfectly, it was top-notch casting!
 
It was an incredibly weird, and confusing film, there isn't a specific reason to why everything happened, there is a lot of interpretations. Maybe that's why people don't understand it and stuff, I don't know! I loved it!
 
The movie was creepy and sinister, yet it barely centre around violence or blood (it's not creepy like Silence of the Lambs say!).
 
Overall, this is a fantastic movie and definitely one worth a watch if you like abstract films or you're just an avid film watcher!
 
By Georgina,
15/06/13
 
It's my birthday next Sunday! - parddaaaaaay! I have exams at the moment as well, so sorry for lack of reviews! Also, I don't know whether this was the directors cut or not, sorry!

A really good website for explaining every thing if you are slightly confused is this, but do NOT read  this before you watch the movie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment