Sunday 7 April 2013

The King's Speech Review

The King's Speech
 
Rank 160  as of January 2013)
Age Rating 15
Year 2010
 
 
I have just watched this on Channel 4, and to be perfectly honest, I found it quite boring. Now, I don't know whether that is because I'm a 14 year old with not a lot of love for the Royal Family, nor the history of it. I do study history and really enjoy it, however the history of recent Royal Family is not of much interest to me. But I think if you have a interest in the Royal Family and quite factual movie, almost documentary-ish, then this movie is brilliant for you. As I'm not it really wasn't that great, to me!

 
 
Although I must say the acting from everybody is so good and Colin Firth definitely deserved the Oscar he won. Though I do believe that Geoffrey Rush should have won the Oscar of Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role, but at least he got nominated. I don't believe that the movie should had won Best Motion Picture of the Year. Sorry King's Speech crew!

 
 
Here is a run down of all the Oscars it was nominated for, or it won --->
YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s)
2011 WonOscarBest Achievement in Directing
Tom Hooper
Best Motion Picture of the Year
Iain Canning
Emile Sherman
Gareth Unwin
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Colin Firth
Best Writing, Original Screenplay
David Seidler
NominatedOscarBest Achievement in Art Direction
Judy Farr (set decorator)
Eve Stewart (production designer)
Best Achievement in Cinematography
Danny Cohen
Best Achievement in Costume Design
Jenny Beavan
Best Achievement in Film Editing
Tariq Anwar
Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score
Alexandre Desplat
Best Achievement in Sound Mixing
Paul Hamblin
Martin Jensen
John Midgley
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
Geoffrey Rush
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
Helena Bonham Carter



 
 
 
Sorry for such a crappy review, but I don't really know what to say about it! As it is literally about some Prince who is arrogant trying to learn how to speak, via a therapist. Not my cuppa-tea!
 
'When God couldn't save The King, The Queen turned to someone who could'
 
By Georgina
7/04/2013
 
I'm going to write another review now! Lucky you!

No comments:

Post a Comment