Wednesday 6 February 2013

The Dark Knight Rises Review


The Dark Knight Rises
 
 
 
CAUTION CONTAINS SPOILERS
Rank 7 as of January 1st 2013)
Age Rating 12A
Year 2012

What an amazing ending to an amazing trilogy of movies! They couldn't have done it better, it brought me to tears, kept me of the edge of my sweet in true Batman Style!!

There are many things that made this movie great, Bruce Wayne's story carried on throughout the movie, and they still focused on the relationship between him and Alfred, and moreover their relationship when Bruce threatens to become Batman again. Later in the film, when it is finishing, it shows Alfred crying and the Wayne's graves sobbing, "I'm so sorry. I failed you. You trusted me, and I failed you." The cast in The Dark Knight Rises is first class. There is still, of course, Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Michael Cain, but we have our newbies! Anne Hathaway plays Selina Kyle, she's crafty and clever, and is at first portrayed as bad and evil but then, during the movie you see the real, good, side to her.

The cast stays pretty much the same, a part from our to new 'baddies'(villains) Bane and Miranda. Bane is played by Tom Hardy whom makes you almighty terrified of him. you first meet Bane in the opening scene and that is the point where you know that he is trouble. You see him as a powerful and clever mind, with lots of contacts, and awful plans of terrorist  catastrophe for the City of Gotham. Miranda raised in 'hell on Earth' is sent to Gotham to destroy it, but undercover, where Wayne Enterprises gives her the tools to build a nuclear bomb. You don't know that she is a part of the plan, nor that Bane is her helper and that they are working together, so it comes as a great shock at the end of the movie!

We have to say a Massive thank you to Christopher Nolan for directing such great movies! I'm unsure if anyone will be able to live up to this version of Batman  in the future, they simply were amazing!!

By Georgina


PS - sorry that I didn't get this up the other day, I fell asleep and I have had a lot of homework this week
:( So sorry! I'm going to watch Finding Nemo now, childhood through back film!!! Have a good week!!!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment